Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I can't remember movies.

Yes, it's true. Unless I've seen a movie 5+ times, there is no way I will remember it. If you ask me if I've seen a certain movie, I can usually tell you yes or no and whether or not I liked it. However, if you try to discuss the character or the plot with me, you will assuredly quiet and confuse me because there's probably no way I remember anything about the movie.

I was thinking tonight about how this small issue has always really bothered me. It has been a source of embarrassment for me because when you tell someone that you've seen a movie, they expect that you will be able to have a discussion about it and I've always had to explain that, no, I really can't discuss this movie because I don't actually remember it.

However, tonight, as I was thinking about this, I realized that what has always felt like an embarassing curse could actually be a huge blessing.

1) Though it makes me terrible with small talk, it also allows me to see a movie I've already seen as if I've never seen it.

2) If we're at the video store, nobody ever has to worry about renting a movie I've already seen - and my friends appreciate that!

3) I have more room in my brain to remember other more important stuff!

See, not so bad after all! :)

6 comments :

Unknown said...

You are just like my wife! As for me, I remember every detail of the movies I have seen!

I can see that your "curse" really might have some advantages!

Ginger Murray said...

That is so bizarre!
You are true, though-- those are all good reasons to forget movies!
That's funny, since you have a creative brain and eye, you'd think your brain would at least visually remember the movie.

I can't remember jokes or quotes unless they are told 3-5 times, which is kind of dumb, because I always want to share a joke, and I can never remember it!

Anonymous said...

Stacy Cross...please lay off of the crack!

Unknown said...

i usually remember them unless they weren't that good. But me and my mom have a game with each other because we are both so horrible at remembering. She says, "You know that movie that has that guy, you know, the one that played in that movie with the girl, what's her name." I say, "Oh yeah, um yeah, she played in that other movie, oh what is the name" We can do that for hours. And it is real!! We are really trying to figure it out. Horrible. But we just laugh about it. Too cute of a story you posted. You would be great to bring to the movies. But don't forget the popcorn and candy.

Anonymous said...

Girl...are you reading The Secret or something? Have you been eatin' retard sandwiches? What is going on?! Do I need to come down to Austin to straighten you out???

Stacy Cross said...

Jason - that's funny because my husband is just like you - I am constantly blown away by what he is able to remember after hearing it just once!

Ginger - I am the SAME way with jokes, too! HAHA!

Cortney - no crack here. :)

Laura - Let's definitely catch a movie together! Coming to Austin anytime soon? :)

Kate - I'm gonna kill you! Look.....I didn't have any new images to post, so I had to make a lame-o post about how crazy I am - so sue me! :)

Labels