Monday, August 13, 2007

Accepted - WPJA!



Hey guys -

Well, a few weeks ago I finally got off my lazy bum and applied for membership to the Wedding Photojournalist Association and I was notified a few days ago that I was accepted - hooray!

This is the mission statement for the WPJA:

"The Wedding Photojournalist Association (WPJA), an International, membership-based organization, represents professional photographers skilled in the documentation of weddings and events in a candid, unobtrusive style. The WPJA was founded to uphold excellence in the area of wedding photojournalism."

I am excited to be a member now and to take advantage of lots of great opportunities within this organization. I am proud to be in the great company of other extremely talented wedding photographers and many of them are already my good friends!

Brides & Grooms - WPJA is a great resource for all things relating to photography - check 'em out: www.wpja.com

8 comments :

Amy DeYoung said...

Congrats Stacy! Truly deserved as well! Yea - blog twins :) You are too funny. I can't wait til our next get together my new found friend :)

Amy Martin said...

woo hoo! Congrats! (I'm still being the lazy bum and haven't applied yet... ) ;)

Jeff and Alyse Paull said...

you're so funny. how ironic...i was looking at some of the photo's from my old roommate's wedding....and you commented on them :) i think you commented on tyler's blog who helped out jenifer nichols....anyway-it was for april and jerod. weird.... :) p.s. how are you doing ??

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congrats!

Jennifer Nichols said...

It's about time you applied:) There's no doubt that they'd welcome you with open arms...you ROCK!!

katy said...

Congrats Stacy! That's awesome! Your work is definitely fabulous and WPJA worthy.

Sarah Q {photography for happy people} said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! That's AWESOME! You soooooooo deserved it :) :) :)

Jen E. said...

Congrats!!!! I can't wait to apply there one day! Your work is very deserving!

Labels