Monday, October 29, 2007

Fortune cookie fun

After Taylor & Liz's engagement session yesterday (which I will share very soon!), Stan and I shopped ALLLLL day for kitchen remodeling stuff. By the end of the day were were so tired and wiped out, so we decided to grab a quick dinner at our favorite neighborhood sushi place.

At the end of dinner, we were about to open our fortune cookies and I said "Wait! When we read these, we have to add 'In the kitchen' to the end of the fortune, since we spent all day on kitchen plans."

Stan smiled sweetly in the way he does when he's thinking "Stacy, you're ridiculous, but I love it."

My fortune: Your goals will soon come to pass . . . (in the kitchen)

Stan's fortune: You will have a great capacity to make people feel at home . . . (in the kitchen)

Let it be, Lord! ; )

3 comments :

Ginger Murray said...

Yay!!

I love fortune cookies.

I got a fortune a month ago:

"You will have some new clothes."

Not "You will BUY new clothes." Not "You will GET some new clothes." But "You will HAVE some new clothes." Whatever that means.

I thought it was funny, so I put it on my fridge:)... in the kitchen:)
I can't wait to get new lighting in our kitchen. Right now there's an ug-oh long florescent light!

Anonymous said...

Stan does make people feel at home when he cooks (especially when its hotdogs that might be beef and might be veggie) and I don't know about you and making things come to pass in the kitchen. Maybe passing gas in the kitchen!

I can't wait to see the new kitchen!

Jasmine said...

you have such a pure mind, stacy! i was told you always have to add "...in bed" at the end of a fortune. so, yours would have read: Your goals will soon come to pass...in bed.
:D
like i said...i obviously have prepubesent male humor! :)

Labels