Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Albums are where it's at

Many of you know that I did not start offering albums until very recently because I simply felt that if I bride wanted to have an album, she would make her own. This was SUCH wrong thinking! The truth is, brides do sometimes make their own albums (I made mine), but it takes forever to put a good one together and even when you do take the time to make them, they're usually just "okay".

Well, I am now a BIG believer in leaving the album designing to the pro: your photographer! And I finally understand the value in offering wedding album design to my brides and grooms. I'm not shooting your wedding so you can throw a few 4x6s in a $15 target album, I am documenting memories from your wedding day that you will want to last for a lifetime.

What I'm basically saying is this: when you buy your wedding dress, do you just take it home, fold it up, stick it in a hamper, and shove it under your bed? NO, of course not! However, it would be okay to do that with a new t-shirt, right? With your wedding dress, you probably have hung it up in the cleanest, least crowded closet in your house with the protective covering over it. And you may even plan to preserve it after the wedding. Well, why in the world would you not take that same care in preserving your wedding pictures?

Okay, I'll get off my new kick and get back to the point of this post. :) I am offering wedding albums now and I have a variety of types of albums that you can choose from, with my primary album being a flush mount style. I wanted to show you a couple of examples of page spreads that I created. These are for a 12x12 album.


0 comments :

Labels