Monday, January 21, 2008

Martin Luther King Day



MLK day has always been special to me . . . not because I claim to be deeply enlightened or righteous in any way, but because when I look at who Martin Luther King was and what it was that he stood for, it excites a place in my heart that yearns for justice, compassion, and truth. When I listen to his recorded speeches, my heart and my mind agree that the very words he spoke mirrored God's true heart for humanity. When I try to describe how deeply his words speak to me, I am at a loss.

Today, as we celebrate the life of this amazing man, my prayer is that you and I would fight for freedom and justice every day of our lives. I pray that we would never become numb to the needs of those around us or blind to the places where freedom does not yet reign. My hope is that we will speak on behalf of those without a voice and that we would each find the cause for which we are called to fight.

1 comments :

Jennifer Nichols said...

Well said Stacy. What an amazing man he was. I tear up everytime I see him speak. The world needs more people like MLK.

Labels