Thursday, September 27, 2007

New Inspiration

So, I am about to confess something that is kind of embarrassing, but oh well, this blog is all about me, and this is soo me, so here it goes. :)

We photographers gain inspiration in a variety of ways, but one of the most common is spending time studying the work of other photographers who we admire. Well, recently I have found a whole new crop of work that I deeply admire and am inspired by that I am now studying on a daily basis. Let me introduce you to my new muses: Justin Timberlake and Usher.

Seriously. This is not a joke.

Most people don't know that I also really really love dancing and if I could be awesome at anything, it would be that! Well, I downloaded a JT music video the other day because I had seen it a long time ago and remembered how great the dancing was in it. One thing lead to another and I had downloaded SIX JT and Usher music videos! :)

Yes, the dancing is amazing and I am so in awe of their talent, but more than that, I have really found myself studying the cinematography of these videos: the angles, the mood, the lighting, everything. And I have found that it has truly inspired me photographically and I just stared taking notes so that I can try a few of the things I've discovered! How funny is that? I am always looking for new and exciting things to try and I really love the process, so I thought I would just tell you about this new thing. :)

So, my recommendations for some good videos are:

"Let Me Talk To You/My Love" - Justin Timberlake ( This is by FAR my favorite - make sure you see the one with Let Me Talk to You!)

"My Way" - Usher (silly, zainy, fun, and SUCH good dancing)

Enjoy! :) - SC

6 comments :

Amy Martin said...

We definitely do have so much in common :) LOL. I could watch those two dance all day!

Anonymous said...

LOL I absolutely love those videos and those songs!

Anonymous said...

You are a NUT CASE!
:)

Jennifer Nichols said...

You're hilarious!! I can't wait to see these JT and Usher inspired photo shoots:) You're too funny!!

Orange County Wedding Photographer said...

Where are the links? I love those videos too. I know exactly what you mean by finding inspiration from the cinematography. Once in a while I'll pop in Conan the Barbarian! People don't realize how beautiful the shots in that film are. A modern film I've been looking at is 300 - very inspiring imagery!

Stacy Cross said...

Haha - way to go Bumatay! Yeah, the links capabilities on my Mac are all messed up so everytime I place a link I have to get on my PC - just haven't gotten around to updating it on my PC yet, but I hope yall found it on iTunes or You Tube! :)

Labels