Tuesday, June 12, 2007

More about my week

Things are finally starting to settle here. Yesterday was all about returning phone calls and emails - yuck! :) Actually, it was great to reconnect with people and feel like I'm back in action again!

Last week was so great on many levels. First of all, for those who don't know what I was doing there, I was there as a volunteer photographer for a week-long Junior High session. My dear buddy Drew was the director for the week and he basically gathered a group of his friends to come and help him run the camp. Everyone had different jobs and mine was to take pictures throughout the week so that we could send each camper home with a CD of images from the entire week of camp.

It was fantastic! Those of you who have met me know that, beyond the fact that I do this for a living, I actually deeply LOVE taking pictures. It was so fun to have an entire week devoted to taking pictures and to feel no pressure at all. It was like a vacation!

When I was in college, I worked for two summers at Camp Allen as part of the summer staff. I always tell people that those were some of the best times of my whole life. It was great to be back there in a different capacity this week, but to feel the rush of millions of memories coming back and to get to make new ones! Some of the people I was with this week were old friends, but I also got to make some new ones and that was so fun! Everyone was hilarious and I literally (seriously) came home with aching abs from laughing so hard!

So, anyway, I know this was a super long summary, but SOOO much more happened that I'm leaving out for the sake of not boring you to tears!

To sum it all up: God was really good to me and to the kids this past week. He showed his love in many ways and the kids lives were changed. I was blessed to be a part of it.

So, one of my new friends, Aurora, is a fabulous photographer out of Dallas. We took lost of pictures of each other because nobody ever takes pictures of the photographer - haha! I have a problem where I cannot just smile seriously for a picture, so every picture I have of myself is of me making some rediculous face. Well, this time was no exception, but Aurora did manage to get a couple good ones. Thought I would share!

Thanks for reading!
love
SC

PS- I will post some of my favorite shots from camp tomorrow!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

4 comments :

Kate Mefford said...

you are so stinkin' cute! glad you had fun at camp allen! gimme a shout when you aren't swamped...hugs!

elizabeth said...

I love all your new freckles from your time in the sun! Cute!!

Anonymous said...

you're such a dork! but I LOVE YOU!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous EYES

Labels