Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Whoever brought this thing to work . . .

As many of you know, I have come down with a terrible cold and am at home feeling so sorry for myself today. EVERYONE is sick - have you noticed?! I've never seen the winter bug go around quite like this!

Today at work, my friend Amy said she's going to "kill whoever brought this thing to work". I'm not sure who brought it to work, but I know how I got it - from a baby that sneezed in my face. :) Ew.

Here's my nursing school tidbit of information that I have to share with you today:

There are over 200 viruses that cause what we call the "common cold". Each time you get one of these cold viruses, you become immune to it and will never get it again, but will actually get a totally different one of the 200 the next time. So, those of you who get sick ALL of the time, count up how many times you've had a cold, and you're that much closer to lifetime immunity . . .and to eventually taking over the world!

The bright side, brought to you by Stacy Cross. You're welcome. :)

1 comments :

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I got sick, but have been drinking EmergenC...I think I'm on at least 50... at least...200's a lot...

Labels